Thursday, September 15, 2011

Family Vacation 9/3/11

Brian and I have been married for 18 years and we have never been on a week long vacation. We have had several weekend trips but no extended ones. I have been wanting to take Mana to Disney for a long time now. She is eleven. We decided that now would be the best time to go. We left the house at 5:00 am and headed to Orlando, Florida. I had printed out a google map for directions. It took me off an exit that was a SunPass toll only. I saw that at the last second and ended up having to go through it. I could not back up the exit. There on a black and white sign, was $100 PENALTY. SunPass Only! I am sure the camera has a lovely picture of me screaming! Can't wait for that bill. We were not checking into our Disney hotel until Sunday so we stayed on International Drive. The last time I was at Disney was for Grad Night in 1990. We decided to go early so we could go to SeaWorld. We went on Saturday. I love SeaWorld. I think it is my favorite. I have always wanted to swim with the dolphins, and I still would like to. One day I will. Petting them and seeing the shows were amazing. We rode the IRide bus system to and from the park. I did not like that at all. We had to stand up and hold on to the hand straps. I was afraid I was going to fall into someone's lap when we went around the turns. I am glad we got a seat on the way back to the hotel. The hubby's wallet dropped out of his pocket while on the bus and we did not know until we were back at the hotel. I had to call the bus office and someone had turned it in. They also stole $140 out of it. This was an adventurous trip to say the least. It doesn't end there. Here are some pictures from SeaWorld. More to come in the next post!!!!

No comments: