Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Last Show

August 2

Sunday was the last show of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". It was bitter sweet. Mana and I enjoyed the whole experience of her being in her first professional theatre production. I was very proud of her. I think she has grown from the experience in many ways. I saw her deal with different situations that came up. I was surprised at the way she handled them. I watched her learn an amazing amount of music and choreography in three short weeks. This experience has made me appreciate theatre even more then I did before. These actors work hard!! They have a love for what they do. They have too!! The last show went great. The whole cast had a boost of energy like no other night. They were giving their all and it showed. (They did every night, there was just something extra!) Mana had a grin on her face a mile wide. You could feel the excitement radiating off of the cast. It made you want to be up there on stage with them. I about cried watching Mana on that stage for the last time in this production, but I knew that there will be other times that I will sit in those theatre seats to watch her. I am so excited to be able to watch her grow as a young actress!! She is having a blast!!

After the show, the cast gathered outside. All the kids were running around getting the adult cast's autographs. It was sweet. The guy that placed Joseph put together a goodie bag for everyone of the kids in the cast along with his information so that they could stay in touch with him. He went beyond his role as Joseph in the musical and became a positive role model to the kids. I was impressed!! Brian and I told Mana that we would take her out to eat anywhere she wanted to go....she picked McDonald's. :)

Pictures of the day....
"Mana and her Dance Partner" "Mana with Paw Paw Jim & Mrs. Jean" "Mana with Mom & Dad" "Mana getting autographs"

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I love it! I can't wait to see the next one!

P.S. Tank tops on guys are really never okay. Even when they are one of Jacob's hot sons.