Monday, May 25, 2009

Ballet Performance Day

May 16, 2009
Ballet Performance

This day turned out to be a really good day, besides the way it started out. I stayed up until 2:30 am making sure the house was clean for my sister and my nieces to spend the night. I woke up to finish the last things on the house like mopping and dusting. It was a rainy day. Costumes, makeup and rain do not mix well. I was worried. My sister called after getting on the road for the drive up and got caught in a traffic jam for a long time. Then hit another one closer in. We didn't know if she would make it in time. Mana's class was on third. My dad decided not to try the trip. They were running late and by the time they would make it through the traffic, Mana's performance would be over. Mana and I left for the church. My sister, nieces, grandparents, aunt, uncles and nephews all showed up soon afterwards. Sitting was much better this year because the younger classes had their own performance earlier that day. After the performance (which was wonderful), we went down stairs for the reception. Then the whole family went to Niki's eat. Jen and the girls came back to the house with us and spent the night. The girls had a great time together. They do not get to come up very often.

Pictures of that day...
"All the Cousins""Some of Mana's Friends""Eating at Niki's"

No comments: