Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Mouse, A Cow in Rollers, and Chores

The farewell to Dr. Pepper has not gone very well. I have gone one whole day with out one. Huge headache that day. Today was a different story!

Today was Mana's day. She brought home her report card on Friday. She had straight As!! Our agreement is that if she makes all A s, she can pick
out a surprise. If she gets an A/B report, she gets a good job, but no surprises. If she gets a C. She gets more study time every day to bring up that grade. So far, so good. She has had all A s since she started getting report cards. Since her birthday is in one week, she decided that she wanted to go see a movie instead of picking something out at Wal-Mart or some other store. We went to see "The Tale of Despereaux". It was a good movie. She chose Chick-fil-a for lunch. Chick-fil-a is one of my favorites and it is very hard not to order what I normally order. Needless to say, I had a chicken sandwich, fries, and a large Dr. Pepper. (I know, I know!) It was the only one for today. I did not get a headache all day. Hopefully tomorrow I will not crave them all day like the last two days. I have been drinking small bottles of water through out the day. Not all that I should be, but I am working on it. I haven't been to the grocery store yet, so I am making due with what I have already in the house. It is not the best for a diet. I am trying to hold out until Tuesday for going to the store. At least I am out of Dr. Peppers!!! I will plan what I am going to eat and go shopping. Weight Watchers Taco Soup sure is sounding great right about now!!

We are also in the middle of decluttering the house. We have so much clutter that I have no room to put any thing else! It is hard for me to let go of things. I had a friend of mine come over on Friday to help me make the decision to keep, donate or throw away. It was a lot harder then I thought it was going to be!! We did make a lot of progress. I threw three bags away, donated one bag and pack two bags to store. Those will be gone through at a later time to put in a consignment sale. I asked Mana to pick three chores for her to help me with. I know I should have done this with her a long time ago. She picked washing the dishes, sweeping, and hanging the clothes up. That is hard for me also. I am one that likes to get things done when doing them. Going slow and waiting is not easy for me. I will say that we got through the chores with out myself going crazy or getting impatient with her. She did a great job helping me out. I might of even had a little fun doing house work with her!

Pictures of the day...
"Mana at the Movies" "Mana at Chick-fil-A" "Mana doing the Crossword Puzzle" "She found out all the answers were Chikin" "Mana Washing Dishes" "Mana Sweeping"

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I stand by that you can't deprive yourself or you will be so sad that you will want to eat a whole pizza. Baby steps.