Monday, September 29, 2008

My Heavenly Father

Last night was the second of the Bible study classes "Your God is to Safe". I will have to say that I fully intended to prepare myself better for this class. Don't get me wrong, I read and did my studying. That is not what I am referring to. The anxiety and the worrying about not being able to be in a small group and sharing with women I do not completely know, YET! I didn't talk to my Heavenly Father before going into this class. I was in a hurry. I let life get in the way. I really just forgot the class was at 5 pm and not 6 pm. I got in the class and we had a project. The brain went blank and the tears fell. It was a great project, one I could have done. No one said anything about my not so quietly display of emotions. I got handed a Kleenex, patted on the arm. All wonderful women in this class. The thought in the head was "get up and go to the bathroom and don't come back. I am so embarrassed." I didn't do that! I sat right there at that table facing all the other women in a sort of circle. I got the eyes cleared up and my brain back on track so I could pay attention and learn something in the class. It was a wonderful class, full of insight. You know how, as a parent, you have to let your children go through things so they can learn something and be able to handle things in the future. I realize that is exactly what my Heavenly Father was doing for me. He didn't make it all go away. He let me sit right there, no matter how embarrassed or hurt I felt, He was not going to fix it for me. Instead He was cheering for me! How great is that? How else am I going to grow and be able to handle this in the future if not by enduring it now! He loves me that much!!!! So when you are going through something you wish He would just take away, remember He is your Heavenly FATHER! Sometimes you need to go through those things in order to grow! You love your children, but have to let them go through things. How much more He loves us!

No comments: